Thursday, July 28, 2011

La Playa


I imagine it's due to living in Indianapolis and Denver for years - two very landlocked cities - that I have come to love living so close to the sea. Although I loved going to the beach for vacation and was always excited to see and hear the ocean, I never missed it that much once I was gone. However, since moving to Barcelona, that has changed so much!

I know I'm currently on summer vacation, but the fact that I can have my toes in the sand, looking at the Mediterranean, in 15 minutes by foot or by bike often makes me feel like I'm permanently on vacation! The breeze, the hot sand, the sea, people relaxing and tanning everywhere - it's something I have completely fallen in love with. Since being back in Barcelona, I think I've been to the beach about four afternoons a week. Since the hottest hours seem to be 4-6pm, there's never a rush to get there, either.

Although I definitely miss my Colorado mountains, the sea has definitely pulled me in - you can tell just by how much my freckle count has increased! :) I look forward to enjoying this aspect of Barcelona as much as possible, both in the summer and year-round.

No comments:

Post a Comment