Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When life gives you lemons . . .


I fully recognize that this is such a cliche, but . . . I still think it is such a good one to live by! The past two weeks have not been the easiest - I've learned that people are not always as they seem, red flags are red flags for a reason, not everything makes sense, and that sometimes I just won't get the answers I'm looking for. Like the song says, breaking up is hard to do!

However, time, Spanish classes, conversations with friends and my mom, fun, moving, and travel plans have made things turn around quickly. Thanks to two of my wonderful friends - the rest of the summer is looking pretty fantastic!

I was able to spend the past weekend in Madrid, feeling like a tourist in Spain again, while visiting Tessa. She's there working on her masters for the month of July. Even with the work she had to do, she was so welcoming and provided the fun and conversation I definitely needed. I had been missing my Barcelona BF desperately!

Next week, I move into our new (fabulous!) apartment, then leave for Switzerland to visit Emily. I was originally planning to spend just a few days there, but with a very gracious and persuasive email from her, I will now be staying an extra week to go to Cinque Terra and enjoy a huge street parade in Zurich! Mountains, beaches, Italian men, and good food and wine are sounding like heaven. (Plus, I can't wait to see what happens on this "Adventures with Emily and Jenny" trip - our last one to Chile/Argentina is what made us both move to Europe!)

Although it was a pretty sour start to the second half of my summer break, it's looking like I'll be able to make some very sweet lemonade after all. (You're the best, ladies - thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment