Saturday, January 5, 2013

Food!

As I look back at photos from my family´s visit, I love seeing how many of them include food! One of my most favorite things about living in Spain has been the food - from tapas to pinchos to fresh produce, it´s amazing! Although many dishes include similar ingredients, they are still so different. Here are some of my favorites from the past few weeks . . .

Calçots - so much fun to eat and so delicious! The prime season for them is December-February. I recommend Llar de Foc in Gracia for these.
Patrick was a fan of the calçots!
Prawns - can´t eat them, but wish I could!


Mom, Mark, Heather, Mike, and I took a class with Papa Serra. He took us to some great vendors in the Boqueria, then helped us prepare a great Spanish lunch.
These were some of favorite dishes of that meal:
Cheese, jamon, tomatoes, and bread - a perfect breakfast or snack!

Olives - so many different varieties and flavors!

Romesco Sauce - so delicious, whether it´s with calçots or chicken and potatoes!

And last, but not least, pinchos. Such a nice change from tapas at times, especially because you can pick your own and try lots of different types. Love them!
Pinchos

No comments:

Post a Comment