Sunday, January 30, 2011

Soundtrack to Life?


While enjoying a few drinks Friday afternoon, Anne posed yet another interesting question: What is your theme song? We realized that this is a really difficult question to answer - I have so many memories of different songs - it's impossible for me to choose just one. Yet it's quite fun to think about what the soundtrack to your life would include!

I associate particular songs with moments in relationships and times with friends and family, as well as songs that remind me of a big moment in my life or day-to-day things. Although it's a work in progress, here is a sampling of some songs that would be part of my soundtrack, for a variety of reasons!

Childhood
"We Built This City" - Starship
"Thriller" - Michael Jackson

High School
"Fake Plastic Trees" - Radiohead
"Wild Horses" The Sundays

College
"Brick" - Ben Folds Five
"Blue" - Eiffel 65

Denver
"Mambo #5" - Lou Vega
"Two Points for Honesty" - Guster
"Don't Stop Believing" - Journey
"Gold Digger" - Kanye West
"Drop it Like it's Hot" - Snoop
"Banana Pancakes" - Jack Johnson
"Be Somebody" - Kings of Leon

Sevilla
"Doesn't Mean Anything" - Alicia Keys
"Breakeven" - The Script
"Forever Song" - Josh Pyke
"Dog Days are Over" - Florence and The Machine
"Clean White Love" - Lisa Mitchell
"Waka Waka" - Shakira

Barcelona
"Giving Up the Gun" - Vampire Weekend
"Acapella" - Kelis
"The Promise" - Tracy Chapman

2 comments:

  1. mambo #5....good god. make mikey stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I so remember you "karaoking" to Built This City! I'll have to dig out that VHS tape someday.

    ReplyDelete