Tuesday, July 15, 2014

4 Years Later and Still in Love . . .

It's hard to believe that I've been living in Barcelona for almost four years now! How quickly time passes. As one of the new teacher coordinators again this year, I've had the chance to spend some time with a few new teachers as they've arrived in Barcelona this summer. Being in this role gives me the chance to show off the city a little, as well as answer as many questions as I can about transitioning to life here.

So far, I've been able to take people around my current neighborhood, Poble Sec, as well as visit my old barrios - Born and Gotico. I love the moment when I hear people new to Barcelona say things like, "I love this place!" or "I'm so happy I moved here!" or "This city is amazing!" And I love that even after four years, I still feel that exact same way!

Between the energy and constant activity of the city, to the ease of driving an hour or two and being on gorgeous beaches, Barcelona continues to provide endless things to do. There is just so much to see and experience all the time - I love it!

One of the most consistently asked questions among international teachers is, "So how much longer do you plan to stay in . . .?" For me, until I begin to fall out of love with Barcelona or begin to desire something different, I can't really imagine leaving this incredible city. For now, my heart definitely belongs to Barcelona.


No comments:

Post a Comment