Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer, summer, summertime

I feel like every year I'm reminded of just how amazing summer vacation is - it truly is one of the greatest benefits of being a teacher. All of a sudden, I'm rested, exercising everyday, crossing things off my to do list (that have been there for months!), and finally relaxing with afternoon siestas, on the couch with a good book, or a day at the beach. It's so wonderful!

I have about two and half weeks in Barcelona of true summer vacation and it already seems to be flying by. It's hard to believe that in just over a week I'll be heading back to the USA! This trip is full of exciting things - the most exciting being that Dani (my Spanish novio) is coming with me AND Mike and Sarah are getting married! I'll be in the states for almost a month, which is longer than I've ever been back for before. Seeing as this is Dani's first trip to the states, I wanted him to see as much as possible and that is definitely what we'll be doing! During this time, we'll be visiting:

San Francisco
Yosemite National Park
Lake Tahoe
Las Vegas
Utah (Zion National Park? Bryce Canyon?)
Denver/Beaver Creek
Indianapolis
New York City

It's going to be quite the trip! I have to admit, I think it will be fun to be a "tourist" in the USA again. We are visiting a number of places I've never been and driving through the west, which should be a lot of fun. I've never shown the US to someone who's never been there and can't wait to see what Dani thinks of it all. How will the reality compare to TV, movies, and music?! I can't wait to find out!

Needless to say, although I've only had a week of it so far, summer is as amazing as ever - and I expect that it's just going to get better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment