Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Return to Sevilla

It's hard to believe it's been almost five years since I left Sevilla (and six since I left the US!)! I'd been thinking about going back for a visit pretty much since the day I left. I had impressed Tessa with my stories of Feria and we'd searched for tickets every year. However, they were always crazy expensive and the timing just didn't work out.

So although it was much later than expected, when I finally got the chance to return to Sevilla in November, I couldn't have been more thrilled! The annual MAIS conference was being held there, which made the trip work-focused, but still a chance to be back in the city that made me fall in love with Spain.

Seeing familiar sights like La Giralda, orange trees, and Real Alcazar instantly brought me back to my first few weeks in Sevilla. Wandering the streets of Barrio Santa Cruz, having a caña on Alameda de Hercules, and seeing my old gym (Gimnasio Sevilla Gym Gimnasio!) brought back a flood of memories. I was reminded of how much I learned about myself that year, what an amazing friend I found in Anna, and how I realized living abroad really was the life for me.

La Giralda (y más!)


Wandering Barrio Santa Cruz
Real Alcazar
Sevilla Gym

It quickly became clear that a weekend in Sevilla wasn't nearly enough, especially when the majority of it was spent in a conference. And what became even clearer was that I have to visit again. I look forward to sharing the city with Dani or meeting Anna there for a reunion in the near future. Without a doubt, a part of my heart will always be in Sevilla . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment