Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Best.Family.Ever



New Year´s Eve
After months of planning, ten days of many laughs, great meals, and lots of memories, it´s hard to believe that the Killion Family Vacation to Barcelona is coming to an end! Everyone except Mike and Sarah are on their way back home and I have to admit, I´m feeling pretty sad about it.

As it often happens, after anticipating something for sooooo long, it can be a little depressing once it´s over! I feel so lucky that Mike and Sarah are still here - it will be great to spend more time with them and I think if I were alone after spending almost every day of the the past ten days with eight people, I´d be really sad!

As expected, this vacation could not have been better. We all had SO much fun together - whether eating, drinking, sightseeing, walking, or just hanging out together. For many, this was the first trip to a place outside of North America. I was so impressed with everyone´s positive attitude and willingness to do and try anything. I had wondered if my nephews (being ages 14 and 16) would get bored without some of the luxuries they´re used to, but they amazed me! I didn´t hear a single complaint; instead, it was just a lot of "wow, that´s awesome!" And I think if Andrew could have stayed longer, he would have :)

Andrew trying pulpo - it´s clear what Patrick thought about it!

I´ve always realized what an amazing family I have, but this trip really reinforced it. I feel so lucky to be surrounded by people who love me so much and made the choice to give up traditions, spend a significant amount of money, and do something out the ordinary for the holidays this year. Without a doubt, I really do have the best family ever. Love you guys!

Team Killion :)

1 comment:

  1. this made me smile! So glad you had a memorable, and amazing holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete