Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Taste of London


I just returned from my second trip to the UK and first time to London. What an amazing trip it was! In so many ways, London was exactly what I had imagined it to be - the dreary weather, the amazing history, the architecture, the pubs, the accents! I loved it.

As hoped, I managed to be quite the tourist! I visited all the main sights I wanted to see - Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Notting Hill, Buckingham Palace - as well as the British Museum (amazing!), the National Portrait Gallery, Piccadilly Circus, Covent Gardens, and a variety of pubs. It sound so cheesy, but it was so great to actually experience so many of the places I had only seen in movies or read about in books!

Although I loved it, I quickly realized that London is a place I could never live - the weather, the size, the cost - wow. It was quite nice to return "home" to sunshine, beautiful people, Spanish, and the euro. :) However, I have no doubt I'll be visiting London again soon!

Portabello Road Market in Notting Hill


Anna and I in Covent Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment