Sunday, January 29, 2012

Barcelona BFs



Tessa and I have obviously been good friends for awhile now - pretty much since she came to Oktoberfest in 2010 when we had only known each other for a few weeks (amazing what Germans, 1L beers, and music can do for a friendship!).

However, I feel that something has shifted in our friendship in the past month or so. Maybe it's settling into the groove of living together, maybe it's the experiences we've both had with relationships in the past year, maybe it's 2012, or just time. Whatever it is, I feel like we're even closer now than we've been before. We often joke about the civil partnership we've started that includes having dinner together, me packing little to-go boxes for each of us in the morning, and going on Sunday paseos. We're constantly cracking each other up at home, at school, or in bars about the most ridiculous things.

Most importantly, we're able to talk about literally everything or nothing at all. In a job where you're constantly "on" both with kids and adults, it's nice to have someone who you don't have to be that way with at all. At times, this probably makes us a bit anti-social - it's sometimes easier to just hang out with each other because it's so comfortable.

I feel quite lucky that yet again, life has given me another great friend - I don't know what I would do without them!


No comments:

Post a Comment