Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year


As always, I love the start of a new year! The thought of a fresh start, new beginnings, adventures, and experiences consistently fills me with excitement. 2011 had a few ups and downs for me, but overall, it was a fantastic year. And I have no doubt that 2012 will be even better!

Beginning the year in a new place with a best friend I hadn't seen in ages (and wearing a super-sparkly dress!) was an excellent start. On my first day back in Barcelona, I went to a fantastic dinner filled with Spanish conversation, followed by a day of relaxing, exercise, and reflection - all of which seem like a good indicator of the year to come. I already have tickets purchased for trips to Ireland, Croatia, and Amsterdam, and lots of other potential travels in mind. This confirms that I will definitely reach my goal of 32 countries visited in my 32 years - one of my 2012 resolutions. :)

In addition, I hope this new year provides more professional challenges and growth for me, the confidence and ability to use all past and future tenses in Spanish fluently, a consistent yoga practice, more savings, and many more great memories. Here's to 2012 - it's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment