Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas in Barcelona

It's hard to believe that I celebrated my second Christmas in Spain this year! The city, celebrations, and gifts were different, but I again was able to celebrate with Anna, which was fantastic. She arrived on Christmas Eve and we were able to spend the day walking, catching up on life, and relaxing - it hardly seemed like a year and a half had gone by since we last saw each other!

We celebrated Noche Buena at home and out on the town, although we were a bit surprised with how few people were out in my neighborhood. After a big sleep in, we listened to Christmas music, opened presents, and were terribly lazy all day. We both agreed that, again, it didn't actually feel like Christmas at all! This wasn't a good or a bad thing, just interesting. It confirmed again for me that my association with Christmas isn't music, gifts, or food, but being with family. Without that, it just seems like most other days off.

If not with the Killion clan, I'm glad I got to celebrate Christmas with Anna. And, considering we were able to go to the beach today and sit outside enjoying caƱas, spending the holidays in Barcelona isn't exactly rough. :) Heading to the cold of London tomorrow is going to be quite an adjustment . . .


Our Christmas "Tree"


Happy to be reunited!

No comments:

Post a Comment