Sunday, December 11, 2011

Late Nights in Barcelona

Wow - what a week it has been! Wine and hilarious conversations Wednesday until 3am, fantastic concert until 2am Thursday, dinner Friday, followed by drinks and dancing until 7am last night. It will never cease to amaze me how different life, especially night life, is in Barcelona. There is never a lack of something to do, the city is constantly buzzing with energy and life, and it is so easy to stay out until the early morning hours.

The past two weekends have included coming home after 6 am, something that I never really experienced until living in Spain. Yet here, there are so many people out at that time and more who stay up even later! For me, when there are so many people out and having fun, it's so easy to lose track of time - one moment it's midnight, the next the sun is coming up.

For someone who used to be nicknamed "Pirate Eye," I still find it amazing that this lifestyle suits me so well! Although I might be tired, once I'm out in it, I can usually make it until the end. Unfortunately, these late nights don't make for the most productive next days, but that's okay. (Another aspect of life in Spain that I love? I've gotten much better at relaxing!)

I've been here a year and a half, but I feel there is SO much more of the city I have yet to discover, both during the day and the night. With holiday drinks and dinners next weekend, followed by winter break and visitors, I have a feeling there will be even more late nights to enjoy in the upcoming weeks. Barcelona - I love dating you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment