Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rediscovering Barcelona


As I mentioned a few posts ago, Tessa and I recently moved to Poble Sec and I have been loving how a new neighborhood means discovering a whole new side of Barcelona. 

I've become addicted to runs in Montjuic - the stairs and hills make it much more challenging, the greenery and hidden trails make me feel like I'm more in Colorado than in Spain, and the views are spectacular.

sunset run
In addition, there are constantly new bars and restaurants to discover! TarannĂ  is my new favorite place to order breakfast and work away on the weekends. Cafe Federal consistently delivers amazing brunches and great evening drinks. And c/ Blai is the perfect place to discover a new tapas or pinchos place each week.

And being in a new area means walking in new directions, discovering new streets, and enjoying new plazas. What started as a Saturday menu del dia for Tessa and I turned into a bit of a plaza and bar hopping day as we discovered areas we rarely saw before, just because we were coming from a different direction.


The night ended with this AMAZING band - one of the best, and
most unusual, instrument mixes I've heard in awhile
a new plaza and delicious white wine



















I can't wait to continue exploring Poble Sec and all of the new discoveries we'll continue to find!


1 comment:

  1. hooray for Poble Sec! I'm so glad you are loving the barrio. I agree, Montjuic makes this barrio so great, not to mention all the plazas with amazing food!

    ReplyDelete