Sunday, September 15, 2013

Best Trip Yet

In July and August, I went home for the fourth summer in a row since moving to Spain. Although every trip back is fantastic, this one, for a number of reasons, was the best one yet! I was able to spend time in Indianapolis, Denver, and Nashville and saw SO many wonderful people!

This trip was one of those where I just felt so lucky the entire time. Lucky that I have so many great friends who take time from their busy lives to see me. Lucky that even when I haven't talked to someone in year, the friendship picks back up like it's just been a day or two. Lucky that my best friends are still my best friends for so many reasons. Lucky that my family is absolutely amazing and will do anything for me. Lucky that my dog still remembers me. And lucky that my friends and family are so happy and healthy.

Things are a bit different now - gone are the days of summer pool parties and big nights out (at least for the time being!) - instead many days were spent with babies and kids and learning about what becoming a mother really means. And although it was different, it was great! It was fun to see my friends experiencing something so new, yet continue to be exactly who they have always been. I just felt so happy to be a part of it, even if only for a few days.

Although by the time I boarded the plane to Barcelona, I was ready to be "home," I felt like I had spent the perfect amount of time with the people who mean the world to me, and it couldn't have been better. And I'm already looking forward to my next visit . . .

Great times with the best older brother ever!

How did my nephews get so big?!

Best friends forever - really. I love these girls!

Great hike and camping trip with the best little brother ever!







1 comment:

  1. Hi BF! I read your blog from email, but today I decided to visit your site. I am continually amazed and in awe of your adventurous spirit! I cannot believe you have actually visited that many places. Cheers to you, my dear friend!

    Love you lots,
    Lins

    ReplyDelete