Sunday, September 15, 2013

Just like the postcards . . .

Earlier this summer, Tessa and I ventured to a new country that's been at the top of my travel list for a long time - Greece. I had heard tales of Santorini sunsets, Greek yogurt, and gorgeous beaches from many friends, as well as seen photos and postcards of blue and white buildings and turquoise seas. Yet, I was still shocked by the fact that sunsets, and beaches, and buildings were even more beautiful than the postcards!

Over our ten days in Greece, we spent time in Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, and Naxos. It was the perfect combination of history, tourism, and relaxation.

Highlights included seeing the acropolis in Athens . . .





Santorini sunsets . . .

 

cruising around on ATVs . . .



enjoying amazing Greek yogurt (wrapped in crepes!) and Greek salads daily . . .



and relaxing on gorgeous beaches . . .


Usually when the end of a trip nears, I feel ready to leave and be back home. In Greece, this was exactly the opposite! I could have easily spent 10 more days in Greece. Needless to say, I will definitely be finding my way back there in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment