Saturday, December 4, 2010

Istanbul, not Constantinople


Last weekend I went to Istanbul - what an amazing city! Tessa and I stayed with her best friend Greta, who is teaching at an international school there. This made for a completely different experience than I think we would have had if we had gone our own.

Istanbul had been high on my list of places to see and it didn't disappoint! The history, the fact the city is in both Asia and Europe, the religions, the architecture, the hammams, the amazing food - wow, what a place!

Greta, Tessa, and I
you can see one of many mosques, as well as the Bosphorus (splits the European and Asian sides of Istanbul) in the background


Turkish Breakfast
(notice all the cheese!)


Before our Hammam experience - it was amazing! Body scrub, bath, and massage - all while wearing absolutely nothing! It definitely made me more comfortable being naked . . .


Inside the Blue Mosque


Inside Aya Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment