Thursday, December 23, 2010

How I Had Forgotten

It's hard to believe that it's been almost three years since Ryan and I broke up. Where has the time gone?! Although I've dated a few guys, had an Italian romance, and kissed many boys since, it has been almost three years since I've been in a "relationship."

I was just having a conversation with my friend Anne about how I feel like I've completely forgotten what it's like to really like someone and even to be with someone. It seems like such a foreign concept now! That's the difficult part - just waiting to feel that way, and ideally more, again. However, I think the exciting part is having no idea who that someone will be! It could be one of hundreds of men! Where will I meet him? What will his story be? Where will he be from? What will he look like? And how will it happen that the two of us will find one another and feel the same way? It seems like such a mystery!

Well, coincidentally enough, the night after this conversation with Anne, I happened to meet a guy who I really like! I met him in a bar while out with Tessa. His story is one of the most interesting I've heard so far. He's from Argentina and he might have one of the best smiles I've ever seen. And I don't know how it happened, it just did - we found each other (in a bar called "Sugar" of all places!) and seem to be feeling just the same way . . .

Although there have been two guys in the past year that I've really liked, the timing and the location, among other things, stopped things from really developing. And although disappointing, I was okay with it. Yet this feels different. Knowing someone for such a short amount of time, but liking volumes about them and being able to spend time together and learn about one another - wow. It's so fun!

And along with the amazing feeling of liking someone comes the terrifying aspect as well - it's so scary! It might not work out, I might be disappointed, I might get hurt. Yet, as I know Liz would tell me, now is the time to just enjoy the moment. If it's meant to work, it will. And if it's not, it won't, and that will be okay. So, I plan to enjoy the feeling of really liking someone again and knowing that I hadn't forgotten how to - it's something that comes right back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment