Thursday, December 30, 2010

At Home in Two Places

It's been so great to be back in Denver! Although the adjustment hasn't been as difficult as it was over the summer, it's still a little strange. Emily and I had a conversation the other day, as did my mom and I, about being back. Thinking about only location, it's so great to be in Denver. I LOVE this place - the mountains, the sunshine, the familiarity, the casualness, everything! Without a doubt, if I was in the US, this is where I would want to be. Yet, even though I love it so much, I know that right now, it's not where I'm meant to be. I definitely feel more at home in Spain at the moment, which is a little crazy!

Of course, even though I feel that Barcelona is where I'm supposed to be, nothing in Spain compares to the people I miss in Denver. It's so great to see friends and family and just relax. Being back in a place where I know where everything is, where I can communicate with everyone without having to think about what I want to say, and can easily talk to friends and family has made me realize how many challenges living abroad presents!

I definitely plan to enjoy every moment of my time in Denver (especially all of the snow we're supposed to get today!) and know that I'll be sad to leave next week, yet will also be so happy to return "home."

No comments:

Post a Comment