Monday, December 27, 2010

Back in the USA

It's so good to be home! Although it was a rough trip back this time, I finally arrived in Denver around 5:30pm on Christmas evening. It was SO great to see my mom and dad at the airport, then be greeted by dogs, Mike, and Sarah at home. After drinks, present opening, Christmas carols, and a wonderful dinner, it truly felt like Christmas.

It's definitely been an easier transition coming back this time. Although I do have to remember to bring ID to bars, I'm not speaking Spanish first to everyone I see - a definite improvement from this summer! Going to Gov's Park yesterday with friends and family to enjoy football (Go Colts!), buffalo chicken wraps, and tall Coors Lights is definitely something I have missed. And the Rocky Mountains, snow-covered and beautiful in the distance are something that Spain just can't compete with . . .

I can't wait to spend more time with friends, co-workers, Indy, Mike, and my BFs in the upcoming week - it's so wonderful to be reminded of what amazing people I have in my life! I'm off to buy a new camera today, so photos will follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment