Sunday, November 14, 2010

I ♥ Barcelona


I've been living in Barcelona for 3 months now, which seems almost impossible - it's amazing how quickly time flies by! It's really been in the past month that I have come to love living here. I liked it at first, but was really missing Sevilla. I missed the size and ease of walking everywhere in Sevilla, as well as friends, bars, and restaurants.

I remember talking to Anna about this and her wise words (as always!) about how Sevilla would have become too small for us; another year would have been too long there. When she mentioned that, I didn't really believe it at first. However, in the past few weeks, I've realized how right she was. What I've fallen in love with here is the diversity - in people, in food, in style, and of things to do. It's just incredible!

There are people from all of the world who live here, which makes for an interesting mix of languages, personalities, and style. (And, of course, many, many guapos! :) You can get all types of food - NY style pizza, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, and more. There are so many places to go and things to see, from museums and shops to bars and nightclubs. I have a feeling one could live in Barcelona for a decade and still happen upon new places all the time.

Yep - Barcelona has worked it's magic on me. What an incredible place to live!


No comments:

Post a Comment