Thursday, July 12, 2012

Two More Days!!!

I can hardly believe it, but in less than 48 hours, Lauren will be here! My excitement is palpable! I've been trying to figure out just why I'm SO excited about this special visitor. I think it's a combination of the fact that I haven't seen Lauren in two years, yet have spoken with her in the past year more than anyone else, we get to spend 4.5 days together (more than we have in probably six years), I get to show off the amazing city of Barcelona, and I get to share my real life with one of my best, best friends in the world.

Although Emily has been here a number of times, none of my other closest B.S. (before Spain :) friends have visited Barcelona since I moved here. I feel like I'm living this life that I share with my friends here and can talk about on the phone or write about in a blog, but no one actually gets to see it. And because I love it so much, I want everyone that is closest to me to have the chance to experience life in Barcelona. Even though it will only be for a few days, I feel confident that Lauren will really get to see what my life is like here in that time.

I feel SO lucky knowing that Linsey and Chris will be here in just a few weeks AND the whole Killion family will be here over the holidays -- I'll definitely get to share my life a number of times in 2012!! (Liz and Kevin - do you think you can arrange another trip to Barcelona?! :)

And so, the countdown to Lauren's visit continues! The days are (loosely) planned, restaurants and bars have been chosen, and the guest room set up. Even though it's been two years, I have no doubt it will seem like only a day or two has gone by when I meet her at the airport Saturday. I'm anticipating the laughter already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment