Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Updates

It's amazing how as I focus more on school, the less I seem to focus on everything else. I know I shouldn't be surprised by this, considering I've been this way for a decade. Yet, it does seem to surprise me each and every year! And so, since I've not been posting nearly as much as I did in the summer, here are a few updates:

- School is fantastic! My class grows on me more and more each day and definitely makes me laugh every day :)

- I'm starting private Spanish classes next week, hoping to just have lots of time to practice speaking, which is just what I need.

- We had groceries delivered for the first time tonight - amazing! Although it won't happen too often, it was so great to select everything we wanted online AND have someone else carry it up all 57 stairs! How fantastic!

- I've started going to yoga classes here consistently (thanks, Mark!), which have been amazing. More than anything, yoga is so clearly good for my mind and body - I feel wonderful afterwards! It's also great Spanish practice- although the teacher is British, she conducts the class in Spanish. I've definitely started to develop a new set of vocabulary - respira, respira! :)

- I have trips planned to the south of France with my parents in late October and a trip to Berlin planned with Anne and Tessa for Thanksgiving weekend - yea! I have a feeling a trip to London will be in my near future, too . . .

- With some tutoring I've picked up after school, I'm making enough extra money to afford Spanish and yoga classes, as well as fun European trips :) (I also had the realization that the money I'm making from tutoring is more than my best paychecks in Sevilla - as my dad said, amazing what having a legal job can mean!)

- Marybeth, the third new teacher who has stayed at our place in the past six weeks, will be moving into her new place next week. It's amazing just how convenient this third bedroom has been! It will be strange going back to just two of us again - it's been fun having a variety of people staying here - can't wait for the next one!

Overall, life is good! Marybeth and I were just talking about the moments when we realize "I LOVE this city." A year later, I'm happy to say that those moments continue to hit me when I least expect them. I look forward to the upcoming months - I have a feeling fall in Barcelona will be fantastic . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment