Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Barcelona Wine Club = Success!

One of my most favorite things in Denver was our monthly Wine Club. It was always a great chance to spend time with my favorite girls, enjoy great wine and food, meet new people, and laugh a lot!

I decided recently that Wine Club needed to become a Barcelona tradition as well. Now that I've been here a year, made some great friends from school, and feel determined to make more Spanish friends, it seemed like the time was right.

I invited a few girls over to enjoy our first theme of "Mexican Food and White Wines." I'm happy to report that the night was a big success! 10 girls + 15 or so bottles of wine + lots of Mexican food = great stories, great laughs, and a really fun night! Although all of the girls this time were from ASB, I hope to see Wine Club expand to involve people from other social circles as well.

Hosting Wine Club here in Barcelona definitely made me miss my Denver girls, yet also made me feel like I'm really starting to settle in here. Amazing how wine and good company can do that. :) I'm already looking forward to the next BCN Wine Club!

Wine Club made a move from our place to a nearby bar around 2:00.
With some of my favorite BCN ladies - Lauren, Tessa, and Tanya!

1 comment: