Sunday, June 19, 2011

Visitors, please!

As my first year in Barcelona is drawing to a close, it’s hard to believe how much has happened! A new city brought with it a new job, a new relationship, new challenges, and so many new memories – what an amazing year it has been!

After spending my year in Sevilla truly living from paycheck to paycheck, I finally feel like I am starting to get somewhere financially. It will take a while to pay off my debts, but at least I now know that it’s possible. It’s amazing how much a steady paycheck, a beautiful apartment, and a job that I love make me feel like I’m living a “life” again. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t regret my year in Sevilla one bit. However, it felt more like I was living the life of a 21-year-old again, not a 30-year-old. It was fun at first, but not for long!

Although it might not always seem like it, I do feel like an adult again! I’m excited to be making travel plans, moving into a new apartment with Tessa (which means a much anticipated trip to Ikea), starting my second year of international teaching and preparing for another year in a city I have fallen in love with.

Because of all of these things, I am feeling desperate to share this life with the people I love! I realize how spoiled I was last year – I had SO many visitors! I was so lucky to have so many great friends and family members come to Sevilla – I know it is not an inexpensive trip. As wonderful as those moments were, I now want people to see my life in Barcelona even more because it truly feels like my life. I want to show off the city, my school, my friends, Matias.

So, if it fits in the budget, please make Barcelona one of your travel destinations this year – I promise it will be a great trip! And, we have an empty bedroom, which means no paying for accommodations. Hasta pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment