Thursday, June 2, 2011

Digital Book Trailers

Our super-amazing librarian, Courtney, showed me something new she learned at a recent conference - digital book trailers! It's the exact same concept as a movie trailer - short and sweet, created to grab the attention of your audience and make them want more.

As my class finished their Newbery Award-Winning book study, this seemed to be the perfect final project. And, as usual, these kids could hardly contain their excitement! In hopes of being better able to help them create their own, I made one as well. It's for our most recent read aloud book - The View from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg. I have to say, it's REALLY hard to choose only a sentence or two to sum up your book, as well as find images that really depict the bigger meaning of the text. Here's my first attempt . . . I hope it makes you want to read more! (Thanks for the idea, Courtney! :)

The View from Saturday on PhotoPeach

1 comment: