Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?" - yikes!

I never expected to be quite so sentimental, but I was really sad to leave Matias this morning, knowing I’m not going to see him for three full weeks! When we first met, we had only a few days together, then I left for the US for two weeks over the holidays. That seemed like awhile at the time, but it was a completely different situation. Just the thought of it seems like a lifetime!

We spent most of Friday night and Saturday together and if anyone had been watching us, I’m sure we were nauseating to witness! The amount of love I feel for this man is just incredible. There was lots of hand holding, and “I love you,” and staring into each other’s eyes. At times, I did laugh out loud at the extent of it. But wow, nothing could have made me happier. If my heart grows any fonder, it might burst!

I had been feeling really anxious over the past few weeks about being gone for so long. However, with the end of school and the realization that I would be seeing friends and family soon, made most of that anxiety turn to excitement.

So, I am currently missing him, but feeling SO excited to be “home” for a few weeks, especially to see my mom and other loved ones. I hope these next three weeks go slowly enough to fill them with as many memories as possible, but just quick enough that I’m not too anxious to get “home” to the other one I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment