Friday, April 16, 2010

Hmmmm . . . still no decision!

Well, I was really hoping that by this time, I would have figured out something about next year. However, I have to admit that I am no closer to coming to a decision than I was a month ago! Although I don't feel overly stressed about it most of the time, my stomach and dreams are telling me that my subconscious is constantly thinking about it.

I still have yet to hear from any international schools in Europe . . . I know that openings could happen at the last minute, but I don't know how long I am willing to wait. In addition, it seems that much of APS is in a hiring freeze, so I don't know what positions will be open for me there, if any. Ahhh! So what to do?!

I've been looking into possibly taking a Spanish class through the University of Seville in the fall, which would only cost about 260 euros and allow me to get a student visa, work on a contract, and therefore make more money and be here legally. And learning more Spanish is obviously an added bonus!

However, I just don't know what I want to do! I'm not sure I want to start completely over in some new city unless the situation was one I couldn't pass up. At the same time, staying in Seville without my Spanish best friend Anna (who is planning to return to Brisbane in July) would make for a very different year. I know that I don't want to continue moving around and not settling anywhere, yet I still don't know if I am ready to go back to Denver because when I do, I have a feeling it will be for good.

So, I still have no idea what to do! For every pro, there's a con; for every reason to stay, there's a reason to go. I keep hoping that some sign will miraculously appear (i.e. a job offer, the man of my dreams :) and I will know exactly what to do. For the sake of my stress levels and the effect they have on my body, I hope that "sign" will appear sooner than later . . . xx

No comments:

Post a Comment