Friday, April 16, 2010

Food for Thought

As you noticed from my earlier post today, I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming year. I decided to see if there was anything out there that might inspire me a bit . . . Here are a couple of quotations I found that have given me something to think about. (No Friday classes and working internet can be a dangerous combination for me - sorry!)


"You must know that in any moment a decision you make can change the course of your life forever: the very next person stand behind in line or sit next to on an airplane, the very next phone call you make or receive, the very next movie you see or book you read or page you turn could be the one single thing that causes the floodgates to open, and all of the things that you've been waiting for to fall into place."
- Anthony Robberts

No pressure, right?!


"When making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons. In vital matters, however, such as the choice of a mate or a profession, the decision should come from the unconscious, from somewhere within ourselves. In the important decisions of personal life, we should be governed, I think, by the deep inner needs of our nature." -
Sigmund Freud

I'm counting on my unconscious helping me out soon! And once it does, I hope Ralph is right . . .


“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

xx



1 comment:

  1. I love the last one...reminds me of a quote from The Alchemist. Good luck making your decision!!

    ReplyDelete