Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life After CELTA

It's hard to believe that I've now been gone for almost five weeks - how quickly time is passing by! I started Spanish classes on Monday and absolutely love them so far. My teacher, Juan de, is fantastic. It is so nice to be thinking, speaking, and listening in Spanish for four hours a day.

Although I feel like I'm picking it up quickly, I am constantly saddened by just how much I don't know. Never before have I had to ask for double-sided color copies, look for jobs, or search for an apartment in Spanish! There is a lot of vocabulary I need these days that I have never needed before. It will be interesting to see what I get myself into in the next week . . . .

Coincidentally enough, my Spanish class happens to be in the same building and on the same floor as my CELTA class! It's been interesting to see the new group of students running up and down the stairs making copies, testing out the SmartBoard, and quickly preparing for lessons. It seems like yesterday that we were running around, planning, and trying to figure out what on earth we had gotten ourselves into!

Now that I have a bit more time, I feel like I'm "taking my life back" (as Akiko would say). I've been able to do a bit of shopping (for things like towels - not so exciting), make healthier meals, enjoy a real siesta, and go running. Life is kind of fantastic!

Now I just have to find a job and an apartment . . . .


1 comment:

  1. Jenny - It sounds like you are doing well! It is great to hear about all of your adventures. I will keep my fingers crossed that you will find a job and an apartment soon!! Had a TL Seminar last Friday and I sure missed seeing you! jess

    ReplyDelete