Thursday, September 17, 2009

Officially Living in Spain!

From carrying 100lbs. of baggage from one hotel to another, to shower heads flying around, to not understanding anything that was said to me, my blood pressure was definitely much higher than usual this week! However, having survived the past five days, I feel like I can now deal with just about anything!

I moved into my new place yesterday and love it overall. I am currently living with a girl from Amsterdam, a girl from France, and a Spanish girl and her French boyfriend. The common language is definitely Spanish, which I love because it forces me to practice. I definitely don't understand a lot of what is said, but I'm getting by!

The house is coincidentally enough just two streets over from the residence I lived in through CLIC! It's a casa, which means lots of character, as well as a rooftop patio, which I love. I'm currently in a room with it's own bathroom, which is a nice perk, but . . . it also creates some very mildewy smells! I might be moving downstairs, which means giving up in-room A/C, so we'll see . . .

I taught my first class yesterday and it was SO wonderful to be teaching again! It was definitely different and I am looking so forward to this new challenge. I think it's going to be so much fun and I know I will learn so much about language. I'm currently not teaching until 6:00pm, so it's been nice having the day to prepare and relax. I'm looking forward to really getting into a routine.

For the first time, I really feel like I'm living here, which is pretty exciting! Definitely scary at times, but overall, very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment