Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finding an apartment in Seville . . . definitely not as easy as expected!

Whew - the past few days have been a bit rough for me! I was sure that I would have no problem at all finding a place because everyone else found one in just a few days. Well, after looking at six places in the past week, I´ve discovered it wasn´t going to be as easy for me!

After seeing two places yesterday that were great, except for the fact my bedroom would have been connected to my roommate´s without a door, I was kind of at my breaking point! I think I´ve averaged about three hours of walking daily and have seen all of the main areas of Seville now. This is probably a good thing, but me and my feet are tired!

I had to pack (or throw things in every bag I had!) last night to leave Calle Infantes today. Thanks to my amazing and wonderful parents, I´m spending the next few nights in a hotel. Although my accommodation was really nice these past six weeks, I feel like I am living in luxury now! Air conditioning, full length mirrors, the possibility of actually getting ready because I´m not too hot - it´s amazing! I´m definitely feeling more like myself today.

Being me, I think having apartment finding not going as I had planned was extra stress I wasn´t counting on. (Attempting to understand and speak Spanish over the phone was also a bit more difficult and stressful then expected!) I´ve emailed a lot of people today, but am taking the day off from looking - I just don´t think I can do it. Instead, I hope to start planning for my first classes on Wednesday - they´ve been the farthest thing from my mind these days! However, a few of us plan to watch some college football tonight, which I am SO excited for! A little taste of home will be quite nice . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment