Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Year of Travel

It´s hard to believe 2012 is coming to a close - how quickly the year goes! This year has been full of so many amazing moments and memories - it would take ages to list them all! So, I´ve decided to highlight travel.

Without a doubt, this year has included travel to more countries than ever before - England, Ireland, Croatia, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Sweden, and Hungary, plus small weekend trips around Spain. Wow! I feel so lucky that I´m living in a place that makes it so easy to hop from one country to another AND that I can afford to do so AND that I have friends who love to travel just as much as I do.

When heading to the airport this weekend for our trip to Budapest, I was again surprised by just how excited I still get about traveling! I love the idea of seeing a new place, experiencing something different,trying new foods, researching, and planning. There´s something about walking off the air plane, knowing I´m about to experience something new that I just can´t get enough of. (However, I would happily skip the waiting and airport lines :)

The excitement I felt yet again this weekend proved to be another reminder that I´m making the right choices for me right now.  2013 promises to be full of even more adventure, including Carnival in Rio and hiking part of the Camino de Santiago with my parents. And my travel wish list just keeps growing . . .

Tessa and I in front of Parliament

No comments:

Post a Comment