Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fall Nostalgia

Although it's gotten better in the last week or two, I have to admit that I've been more nostalgic for "home" this fall than ever before. I don't know if it was because the weather in Barcelona took ages to change (and it's still not that cold!) or all the posts I saw on Facebook related to pumpkin-flavored things, football, and cold weather. Either way, I felt myself missing things I haven't really missed the past few years:

  • big pots of coffee in the morning
  • pumpkin bread
  • chai tea lattes
  • pumpkin decorations
  • tailgating
  • frosty air
Such little things, but I loved them so much! Luckily the holiday lights have been put up in Barcelona, just waiting to be lit. The weather is cooler and a friend is hosting a traditional Thanksgiving this weekend - hopefully enjoying stuffing, potatoes, corn bread, and more will kick these last few bits of melancholy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment