Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Newbies!

This summer I've been the coordinator for new teachers at ASB. When Mark asked if I would be interested, I jumped at the chance for a number of reasons. I SO appreciated Katharine, who had been the coordinator when I started. I also loved all of the work I did with new teachers in APS. But I think the main reason I was interested is because I love Spain SO much and I always want other people to love it as much as I do. I know this won't always be the case, but I figure whatever I can do to help that happen, whether it include creating a tour itinerary for friends and family or showing new teachers around town, it's well worth it!

Because we have so many new teachers this year, it's proved to be quite a job! Nothing too difficult, but lots of planning, organizing, emailing, and trying to keep information straight. I was definitely feeling a bit of stress from it, but now that almost everyone has arrived I feel so much better. It's fun to see and talk to everyone and remember what it was like when I first arrived in Spain two years ago. This group seems to have an amazing range of experiences and stories - international teaching is fascinating! They are so energetic, social, and fun. It makes me excited to think that some of these new people will likely become good friends this year as well.

And, as the responsibilities of this job wind down, I'm getting more and more excited to begin my second year at ASB and no longer be one of the new kids on the block . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment