Tuesday, August 16, 2011

in the right place - literally AND figuratively

I'm sure it's the start of a new year, as well as many conversations in the past two weeks about men and life abroad, that has caused me to reflect on my life in Spain, in relation to the opposite sex. Although I have only had one definable relationship in my time here, there have been a few guys that have caught my eye.

Anna knew two of them and we often discussed the importance of timing when it comes to relationships. Whether it be the time in one's life or the physical place one happens to be, timing really does seem to be everything!

I've been thinking about how in one case, the timing and place were off - although never impossible, it's pretty difficult to start something while in two different countries. In another, the place could have worked, but the timing was just a little too late. And in the last, the place was perfect, but the timing in life was all wrong.

I have always been, and think I will always be, a hopeless romantic; so, I believe love can overcome most obstacles, time and place included. However, I also hope that the next guapo that really catches my eye happens to be in the right place and time, both literally and figuratively. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment