Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

In the past two weeks, it's clear that spring (if not summer!) has arrived in Barcelona. The time change, 70+ degree weather, and the abundance of tourists have changed the entire feel of the city. It seems like Barcelona is literally pulsing with energy - I love it! Plazas and cafes are full of people enjoying tapas and drinks and everyone is out and about all the time. In this sense, Barcelona reminds me a lot of Sevilla - life happens "on the streets."

Seeing everyone out enjoying the sunshine is making it harder and harder to want to go to work as well. (Because of this, spring break can't come soon enough - one week to go!) As I've been walking around in the evenings this past week, I've realized that I haven't really experienced springtime nights in Spain. In Sevilla, I was working from 1-9 and not arriving home until around 10pm. It's so amazing to be out in the evening, whether going for a run, getting a drink, or watching old Catalan men play boccie ball. I have definitely been reminded that spring is my most favorite season, especially in a city like Barcelona. I'm looking forward to enjoying a bit more of it in the upcoming weeks!

Sunset in Sitges


Enjoying cañas at a chiringuito on the beach


Wildflowers in Montserrat


No comments:

Post a Comment