Friday, April 15, 2011

A 5C Birthday Surprise


5C

Wow - I've enjoyed my class since the beginning of this year, but my heart is filling up with more and more love for them by the day! Without a doubt, they are one of the most thoughtful and kindest group of kids I have ever worked with.

My birthday is next week and ever since my class realized that we would be on spring break when it happened, they've been in the midst of planning a surprise for me. For the past month or so, there has been a particular group of girls taking pictures of kids and teachers, hiding things from me when I walk by, and giving me that "What? I'm not doing anything suspicious" look constantly. They have made up elaborate stories to cover up their plans - it's been so cute to watch!

Well, yesterday the birthday surprise was revealed! They planned a party for me and proceeded to go all out. Decorations, a birthday song and dance, a power point presentation, a poster, food, and a beautiful cake complete with a "31" candle. It was amazing!


However, the best part was their gifts. I got a fabulous scarf that is exactly my style and a beautiful journal. Inside, each student made a page with their picture and wrote a birthday message to me. It's so thoughtful! I've included some of my favorite pages below. :)

Needless to say, this has already been one of my most memorable birthdays . . . and it hasn't even happened yet!

Such a beautiful journal!


pages by two of my kiddos


No comments:

Post a Comment