Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Matter of Perspective?


I've had a few interesting conversations in the past couple of days that have caused me to think a lot about perspective and happiness, and their relationship with one another.

The way different people see the world has always been fascinating to me, as well as the way people deal with the situations that life throws at them. Of the many adjectives I could choose to describe myself, "positive" would be one at the top of my list. And I often wonder why I'm so positive. (I'm sure it can be an annoying trait at times!) What has happened in my life to cause me to be that way? My family? Friends? The experiences I've had in my life, the majority of which have been very positive (I've been really lucky thus far!)? Nature? Nurture? All of the above?

And is it even a question of these things? I don't know! This is definitely a topic that is full of many more questions than answers for me. Regardless, I am constantly fascinated to see the way people, particularly women, react to certain situations in ways so completely different than I would, not that either way is right or wrong. Why does one see the glass half empty when I would see it half full (so to speak :)?

As usual, I was curious to see what quotations I could find about this topic. I know there are many people out there that can say things much better than I will ever be able to! Here are some quotations that resonated with me:






Happiness is like a kiss...you must share it to enjoy it.” - Anonymous

"It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about." - Dale Carnegie

This is the one I like the most, because I do believe a lot of happiness comes down to the way we choose to live our lives.

I also found it very interesting when looking for quotes about happiness and perspective that SO many of them referred to love . . . it's interesting to think about the effects love can have on our view of life!

Definitely no answers here, just a few things I've been thinking about recently. I hope it fills up your glass a little today! :)

(I can't take credit for the photo in this post, but . . . isn't it fantastic?! I think it sums things up . . .)

1 comment:

  1. Jenny - I haven't commented in a while - still love reading about your journey. This post put a smile on my face - I need this sweet reminder to remember that I control my outlook on every situation I encounter. Thanks, friend! I love the picture by the way - xoxo - j

    ReplyDelete