Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Is Dali rubbing off on me??

For the past few weeks, so many things have seemed so surreal to me! I don’t know what’s going on or why, but it definitely hasn’t seemed like particular things are part of reality.

For example, as I type this, I’m in the Pyrenees, chaperoning a ski trip with kids from ASB. I’m snowboarding for free, enjoying wine and beer with every meal, and being paid to be here (every penny of which is well deserved – it’s been exhausting!) – it doesn’t seem real at all! I think this is for obvious reasons. I also wonder if because snowboarding is something I associate with Colorado and particular people, it seems even stranger to be doing it in Spain.

Dating someone here has also seemed really surreal. I think it’s partially because of how things started and because it’s just so different – the guy, the city, my life – all of it is such a different situation than what I’ve been in before.

So, for the past few weeks, I kind of feel like I’ve been living in this alternate reality! Overall, things are great, so I can’t complain. Yet, because things are so great, I want them to feel real! Otherwise it seems like a dream that I’m going to be waking up from, which isn’t nearly as fun. Hmm . . . hopefully reality will set in soon! J

1 comment:

  1. This IS your now reality -- no need to wake up! Just enjoy...

    ReplyDelete