Sunday, October 31, 2010

My First Camp Nou Experience




As any big football fan knows (and I'm not including myself in this category, although I am
on my way!), Camp Nou in Barcelona is the largest stadium in Europe, and one of best to watch a game. Tessa and I went to the Sevilla vs. Barca game there last night - it was so exciting!

Football games in Spain are a bit different than big sporting events in the USA. For example, the only drinks served inside the stadium are sodas and non-alcoholic beer! Because of this, it doesn't get quite as crazy as games we're used to. Tessa and I were wondering if this might be because football is such a big deal here, but I'm not sure. There are also no replays of anything, which means we had to watch pretty carefully to not miss the great goals that were scored by Barca.

Athough the experience wasn't quite like home, it was still full of fantastic songs, the wave, and plenty of Spanish trash-talking (one of my most favorite things to hear!) I can't wait for the next game!

















(Barca won 5-0)


We were definitely in the second to highest row, but it was still a great view!



No comments:

Post a Comment