Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Eat, Pray, Love"



Tessa and I went to see this movie tonight (in original version). I’m happy to say that it lived up to my expectations! I so vividly remember finishing this book a few years ago while in Puerto Vallarta for the holidays. This book played a pivotal role in my desire to live abroad. Watching the film tonight again reminded me of this.

I feel like Elizabeth Gilbert’s story is full of so many great messages – one of the most important to me being the idea that we have to be the one to make changes in our lives and seek out what we need to find balance. There were a few lines at the end of the movie that I don’t remember from the book, but I so identified with them. It was something about how everyone we meet, every place we visit, and everything that happens to us, good and bad, has an impact on who we are today. And how, if you make the choice to leave everything you know, although difficult, it will lead you to where you need to be.

This movie, besides just being entertaining and having Javier Bardem, reminded me of why I wanted to live abroad and confirmed how happy I am that I did. There’s just so much to see and experience, especially when outside of our comfort zone. I feel like I have learned so much about myself in the past year and continue to do so every day I am here. I look forward to seeing what else Barcelona has to teach me!

1 comment:

  1. I feel like that book inspired me a great deal too. I saw it the weekend before I left for Budapest and have had many Liz Gilbert moments!

    ReplyDelete