Sunday, October 3, 2010

Life Abroad

I’ve definitely been having an “I love living in Europe” kind of week! After an incredible weekend in Germany and planning upcoming trips to Mallorca and Tunisia, I’m still in disbelief of just how easy it is to get to so many places – I love it! The opportunities life abroad presents for those who love to travel is just amazing.

I’ve also had a fantastic week of Spanish practice, which I love. I just started Spanish classes with a teacher I’m already impressed with. In addition, the students in the class are quite international – Polish, Hungarian, German, and Portuguese so far. It’s so nice to be with a group who’s common language isn’t English! I also met an Espanola for an inter-cambio and enjoyed a great spinning class in Spanish as well. I had opportunities to practice Spanish in so many ways this week!

Although tourism is slowing down in Barcelona, there are still many, many more people here than I would like! I’m definitely still adjusting to the number of people and size of Barcelona. However, all of these things contribute to the amazing food, variety of things to do, and diversity that Barcelona has to offer. The fact that it’s still warm and sunny isn’t too bad, either . . .

Overall, the European lifestyle is suiting me just fine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment