Sunday, June 3, 2012

Amsterdam

In the span of a week, I was able to visit two completely different, yet equally amazing, European cities. (I love my life. :) After visiting Rome with Tessa, Emily, and Shannon, I headed to Amsterdam to meet up with Anna, Emily, Amy, and Kelly. What a city!

I didn't know much about Amsterdam, other than the common stereotypes - the Red Light District, accessibility of drugs, beautiful Dutch people, and the idea that just about anything goes! All of these stereotypes proved to be true, but I was also impressed by what a beautiful city Amsterdam is. We had gorgeous weather for three straight days, which always makes a place seem even better. Because it was so sunny and warm, people were out on their boats, cruising up and down the Amsterdam canal system, as well as out enjoying drinks in every possible plaza. It was fantastic!

The art and museum scene was equally wonderful, as well as the variety of food - Indonesian food is quite popular there and it was so nice to have truly spicy dishes! Overall, it was a great weekend with great friends. I hope to make it back someday soon!

Red Light District

Such beautiful homes!

In Museum Park

Gorgeous Canals

No comments:

Post a Comment