Sunday, November 13, 2011

Southern France - I can't wait to go back!

While my mom and dad were here, we spent a long weekend in southern France. It was my first visit and like Italy, it's a country I think I will return to over and over again! It's amazing how you can drive just two hours away and everything is so different! Again, this is part of what I love about living in Europe - a new language, a new culture, new foods, and new landscapes are so close!

We rented a car (a definite necessity to see this part of the country) and were able to see multiple castles and small towns, as well as drive through beautiful French countryside. We stopped in Thuir on our way to the bed and breakfast we stayed in - Maison Laurent in Pieusse. I can't recommend this place enough! The British couple, Anthony and Rachel, who own it are fabulous. The accommodations were amazing, as was the 4-course meal Anthony prepared for us one night. It was heavenly staying there!

We visited Carcassone, a beautiful walled village, and stopped at numerous Cathar castles along the way. We ended our trip with a night in Coillure - a town on the coast. Waking up to see the Mediterranean is always a treat :)

All in all, it was an amazing weekend. I'm already starting to mentally plan some trips to Paris, Provence, the French Riveria . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment