Wednesday, July 14, 2010

hasta luego, amiga!

Anna left this morning L I knew this day was coming, but wow, it arrived so fast! After a fantastic two weeks on the road, at first with just the two of us, then with Megan as well, it’s time for her to return home.

As I said goodbye to her, I was reminded yet again of how lucky I have been for the friendships in my life. I truly believe my girlfriends have played such pivotal parts in who I am and the amazing experiences I have had. And along with this comes the sad moments of having to say goodbye to such amazing friends. I remember saying goodbye to Lauren when she moved to Nashville and feeling like I had just broken up with a boyfriend – it was awful! I remember having to say goodbye to Liz and Linsey before moving to Spain last August and how much it made my heart hurt.

And again, today, hugging Anna goodbye was pretty miserable. I realized that since last September, there have only been about 12 days we’ve spent apart. (Kind of ridiculous, I know – but true!) So, I guess it’s to be expected that I’m feeling a bit sad about it all. However, I’m lucky enough to get to continue on this trip with Megan, see my parents tomorrow, and see so many great friends in just a few weeks!

Goodbyes are always bittersweet. Yet, I truly believe, and feel quite lucky to know, that with my best of friends, no matter where we might be living, it’s really not adios, but hasta luego . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment