Sunday, July 11, 2010

On the road again . . .

25 days

13 cities

5 bus rides

5 flights

3 train rides

2 countries

2 car rentals

2 great friends

1 famous festival

1 set of amazing parents

= quite an adventure!

As we embark on our trip into the north of Spain, I’m struck yet again by just how much I love being “on the road.” I always request the window seat from Anna, hoping to catch as much scenery as possible. And like a little kid, I’m afraid to close my eyes, in fear that I might miss something! (Although I don’t know what that something will be in the Spanish countryside – a cow or pig, perhaps?)

There’s something about traveling from one place to another that screams of adventure to me. New sights, new people, different foods, and when traveling in Spain, new accents and languages. Each city, each mode of transportation, provides the opportunity to experience something that I never have before. Although the way I travel has changed over the years, due to age, money, and more, the chance to experience something new is a feeling I have yet to grow tired of and highly doubt that I ever will.

Robert Louis Stevenson said, "I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." I couldn't agree more!


No comments:

Post a Comment