Thursday, October 1, 2009

Barcelona












Four of us went to Barcelona last weekend for two nights and two days of fun. I loved it there! It was actually the first time I've really missed the city of Denver. Barcelona was so green and hilly, which is very different than Seville. The addition of the Mediterranean Sea was pretty fantastic, too! Some things I'll definitely remember include:


*La Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell - wow! I've never seen anything like this! Guadi really impressed me.
*Catalon is so different than Castellano! I think I would love living in Barcelona, but not until my Spanish has improved immensely. Trying to interpret two languages would have been a bit much for me right now . . .
*Merce '09 - talk about a crazy festival! Firecrackers, scary monsters, and bandits - and that was just the kids parade! I think it was a great celebration of the end of summer.
*Great nightlife
*Beautiful weather

I will definitely be visiting Barcelona again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment