Sunday, August 30, 2009

one chapter ends, and another begins

The past few days have been a little rough - definitely more so than I expected. Although I've only known many of these people for a month, I feel as though it has been so much longer. I guess that's what spending 16+ hours together daily will do! It's been quite sad saying goodbye to everyone and watching people leave our house. I feel lucky that so many people hope to stay in the country, but it definitely won't be quite the same.

I'm really looking forward to starting Spanish class tomorrow - I've never felt more ready to learn a language than I do now! It will be great to meet some new people in a different context. I also think it will help to take my mind off of my lack of job, plans, etc.

The past few days have been another reminder of how exciting, yet how difficult, change can be . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment