Thursday, July 30, 2009

Less than 24 hours!


I can hardly believe it, but I will be on a plane to Europe in less than 24 hours! The past week has been productive, exhausting, emotional, and exciting - all at the same time. Liz and Linsey put together an amazing going away party for me on Saturday! It was so fun to be surrounded by almost all of my favorite people at the same time. Meredith, one of my old roommates, made a surprise visit which made the weekend even better. It was so wonderful to see family, old friends, new friends, and co-workers meeting one another - I feel so lucky for all of the amazing people I have in my life.

I had a great dinner with Liz and Linsey last night at one of our favorite places - City o' City. Along with fantastic food and conversation, they gave me some great gifts. My favorite had to be the best friend heart necklaces (yes - they still make them!) that Lauren, Liz, Linsey, and I will be sharing. I know I'm putting off the inevitable, but I won't be saying goodbye to those two until tomorrow . . . .

After weeks (months?) of preparing for this trip, eating and drinking way more than necessary, saying goodbye too many times to count, and a night of sleeping on couch cushions at my parents' place, I must admit that I'm ready to go. I'm tired of anticipating the adventure - I'm ready to begin it! And in less than 24 hours, I will . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment